Son of a Beat!
Besides his artistic experience, Thomas Dalle is a son of a beat « artistic trainer », who loves to share and pass-on his musical, invigorating, playful and profound art, to all the people out there who’re into playing, learning, and practising « music », and vocal impros with him. Any audience, any style, any instrument, any context or structure, Thomas Dalle offers tangible educational courses, adjusted and structured, as private tuition (or groups), or as day workshops, as week-long trainings or year-long programmes, leading to a possible end of year show, according to the artistic project, to the frequency of get-togethers, and to the motivation level of both the participants and/or the structure or the host organisation.
3 quotes from influencial artists which open onto artistic and philosophical stances geared to this artistic practice:
« All is suspect, except the body and its sensations ». Louis Jouvet.
« The maturity of human beings is about finding the seriousness we used to put into games, as kids ». Frédéric Nietzsche.
« Never despair, brew a bit more » Henri Michaux.
Le parcours d’entraineur artistique de Thomas Dalle
- Hellemmes – La Pulse – workshops and creation of a parade for 6 classes at the Berthelot-Sévigné kids’ school in Hellemmes* (season 2017/2018). (*North of France town)
- Pitch Film Festival – Artistic oral expression workshops for students at the Nouvelle Sorbonne Paris 3 (2018).
- Living the city together – Cultural action residency (A.R.T.S) of the City of Lille, Lomme and Hellemmes*with Florent Grouazel (comic strips) and Emmanuelle Flandres (artist) (2017). (*North of France towns)
- L’école des ondes (The radio wave school) of France-Culture* – (*France-Culture : French national and cultural radio) Workshops and sound creations with 2 classes of teenagers at the collège Valmy – Paris (2017).
- A year with – Cultural action residency of the Que Dalle Orchestra for the city of Colombes. Workshops and concerts with children. (2014).
- Do you speak Klingon ? – Pompidou Centre (Paris) – Studio 1316 – Organiser of « scat singing » workshops suitable for all audiences (2013).
- Silent films and talking piano – Part of the Annères Festival (in the Hautes Pyrénées, South-West of France), residency for the creation of an orchestra with traveller children to accompany silent films (2012).
- Tribu Vocale (Vocal Tribe) – creation residency at the Théâtre d’Ivry – Antoine Vitez – Workshops and creation of an amateur Vocale Tribe to animate block parties (2008).
- Le clown et les sons (The clown and the sounds) – traning organised by the Espace Catastrophe (in Bruxelles). Musical organiser with Tom Ross (clown) (2007)
- France-Culture* radio dramas – composer and organiser of radio training courses for students at the National dramatic arts Conservatory (2006). (*France-Culture : French national and cultural radio)
- Nomadic workshops and France-Culture* – « Johnny s’en va-t-en mer » (« Johnny’s off at sea ») by Martin Winkler. Composer and organiser of creation workshops for actors. (2005). (*France-Culture : French national and cultural radio)
- Songs, words and ballads – Organiser of workshops for music teachers in high schools and secondary schools . Versailles (98) and Orléans (2005) board of education
- The Michaux Tribe – Organisation of workshops suitable for all audiences, on beat, voice and improvisation for the EDIM – Ecole des musiques nouvelles (School of modern musics) (from 98 to 2008).
- 10 months of school and Opera – at the Paris Bastille Opera –with Ingrid Keuzman , choreographer, organiser of workshops for children and teenagers, and creation of the show : «one mouvement Suite » in the Bastille Opéra auditorium (98).
- Suburb’Art Festival – Visiting artist in educational environments, workshops and creation of music shows for end of year events (97 à 2002).
- Percussions workshops at the Suresnes theatre – Workshops and creation of the show called « Improvisations » for 3 fifth grade classes. France-culture* radio : « Les silences du Balafon » silences of directed by Anice Clément (95). ). (*France-Culture : French national and cultural radio)
- Percussion teacher – Cambrai and Calais music Conservatories (86 and 88).
Concert for Kids
Residency “A Year With… Que Dalle Orchestra” (Colombes, France)
LM La Pulse!
June 2017 Parade - École Berthelot-Sévigné (Hellemmes)